Linguistics Graduate Student Association
Linguistics Graduate Student Association (LGSA)
LGSA is a duly constituted organization within the university, to which all enrolled graduate students automatically belong. Election of officers of the association (president, vice-president, secretary/treasurer, & department representatives) is held late in the spring semester for the following academic year. Activities of the association may vary from time to time, but normally include:
- Maintenance of a small library: maintaining dissertations and theses, and student papers placed in the collection on the recommendation of a member of the faculty.
- Production of the Kansas Working Papers in Linguistics, an annual volume published online at KU ScholarWorks containing original research papers by graduate students and faculty.
- Student Department Representatives will participate in meetings of the Department, with voting privileges. Their participation will be subject to the following conditions:
- Students shall participate in discussion of and vote on departmental policies and planning (e.g., proposals of new courses and revisions of existing courses, formulation of degree requirements, preparation of reading lists, processing reports and requests for information).
- Students shall not participate in discussion of matters pertaining to personnel and evaluations (e.g., selection and appointment of faculty committees or representatives, graduate admissions, M.A. and Ph.D. examination preparation and evaluation, recommendations for student awards and fellowships, budget matters), and other related matters as determined by the Chair.
- Student opinion shall be solicited on such matters as promotion and tenure recommendations, recruitment of new faculty, and preparation of class schedules, but only faculty shall vote on them. In the case of student petitions, the student representatives will be excused and shall not participate in the voting.
LGSA List of Officers & Ad Hoc Committee Members
President: Lucy Cheng
Vice President: Donald Gong
Secretary: Rustle Zeng
Treasure: Delaney Wilson
Events Coordinator: Jonah Bates
Department Representatives Committee:
Ph.D.: Rustle Zeng
Masters: Sheyenne Fishero
Ph.D.: Delaney Wilson
Masters: Fenqi Wang
- Trevin Garcia
- Fenqi Wang
- Aron Finholt
- Andrew Collins
- Alesha Pisciotta
- Christie Ralston
KWPL Editors Committee:
- Chair: Rustle Zeng
- Delaney Wilson
- Donald Gong
- Hyoju Kim
- Chair: Henry Pratt
- Ayumi Nobuki
- Jin Myung Lee
- Hao Lin
- Hyoju Kim