Linguistics Graduate Student Association - LGSA
LGSA is a duly constituted organization within the university, to which all enrolled graduate students automatically belong. Election of officers of the association (president, vice-president, secretary/treasurer, & department representatives) is held late in the spring semester for the following academic year. Activities of the association may vary from time to time, but normally include:
- Maintenance of a small library: maintaining dissertations and theses, and student papers placed in the collection on the recommendation of a member of the faculty.
- Production of the Kansas Working Papers in Linguistics, an annual volume published online at KU ScholarWorks containing original research papers by graduate students and faculty.
- Student Department Representatives will participate in meetings of the Department, with voting privileges. Their participation will be subject to the following conditions:
- Students shall participate in discussion of and vote on departmental policies and planning (e.g., proposals of new courses and revisions of existing courses, formulation of degree requirements, preparation of reading lists, processing reports and requests for information).
- Students shall not participate in discussion of matters pertaining to personnel and evaluations (e.g., selection and appointment of faculty committees or representatives, graduate admissions, M.A. and Ph.D. examination preparation and evaluation, recommendations for student awards and fellowships, budget matters), and other related matters as determined by the Chair.
- Student opinion shall be solicited on such matters as promotion and tenure recommendations, recruitment of new faculty, and preparation of class schedules, but only faculty shall vote on them. In the case of student petitions, the student representatives will be excused and shall not participate in the voting.
LGSA List of Officers 2021-2022
President: Andrew Collins
Vice President: Ayumi Nobuki
Secretary: Corey McCulloch
Treasurer: Delaney Wilson
Department Representatives Committee:
Ph.D.: Adam Bramlett
Masters: Corey McCulloch
Ph.D.: Chang Wang
Masters: Kevin Yi Zhang